September T3F: Back to the 50's!
Sep 19, 2013 (5:30pm - 8:30pm)
Put on your poodle skirt, slick back that ducktail, tie up your saddle shoes: Downtown Turners Falls will be ready for you in their 1950s mode! See a few vintage cars, chow down some comfort food, get nostalgic with silly putty, eat a big puff of cotton candy. Live music by Lady Elvis and Furr. Alotta Hoopla hula hoops on the lawn – watch ‘em go or try it yourself! There’s even a raffle, with prizes from local businesses. What better way to wind up a beautiful summer?
Special performance by Lady Elvis!
1. Great Falls Discovery Center: Photos of Turners Falls in the 1950s
2. Shady Glen: Maltshop Melodies & great diner food
3. Eagle Motors: Vintage cars
4. RiverStation Studio: 1951 Willy’s Jeep, vintage cars, 50’s and other nostalgic music
5. Twisters Ice Cream: Grand Opening!
6. LOOT: Your source for Silly Putty, even the old advertising
7. Jake’s Tavern: Angus Burger w/Fries $6.99 special
8. FUNK*SHUN: Grand Opening! Allen Fowler’s Post Sculpture Series
9. Madison on the Avenue: 50s jazz for you cool cats
10. Great Falls Harvest: Grand Opening! Local meat & produce, vegetarian & nongluten menu
11. The Rendezvous: Stephen Cahill art opening
12. Gary’s Coins & Antiques: Free cotton candy for kids!
13. Nina’s Nook: Reception for Trish Crapo’s “Flotsam” photos & collage; reading of Ginsberg’s HOWL and poems by Diana di Prima
14. Black Cow Burger Bar: 50s music & staff dressed 50s style!
15. Montague Reporter – Grand Opening at their new location!
Prizes: A trunk from Madison on the Avenue, Oil Change from Eagle Motors, Up-cycled Wildflower Seed Bag from RiverStation, Glasswork from Evoke Liquid Glass Collective, something special from Gary’s Coins & Antiques, Slug from Nina’s Nook