Where I Live
Apr 11, 2013 (5:30pm - 8:30pm)
Wherever you live -- in your mind or an apartment, in town or country, or even on the edge -- you can be part of RiverCulture's collaboration on the latest community art project!
Community Art Project exhibit and downtown night out
Thursday, April 11
85 Avenue A
Join us for a showing of over 200 4x6" cards created by community members on the theme of "Where I Live." Submissions will be on display at a reception in the Colle Opera House at 85 Ave A.
Make a Night of it! Participating Turners Falls establishments will be doing something special on the theme:
- WHERE I LIVE EXHIBIT and MCTV HOT SEAT – 85 Avenue A. View postcards created by the community and sit in MCTV’s Hot Seat in front of the camera. Tell us your stories. Our version of StoryCorps!
- BETWEEN THE UPRIGHTS, 23 Avenue A: Open Mic with Curly Fingers Dupree from 8:30pm-11:30pm
- LOOT, 62 Ave A: We Live in the Patch - An exhibit and make your own cards from Vintage clothing patches
- JAKE'S TAVERN, 66 Avenue A - Kids eat free with one meal purchasing adult
- MADISON AVE, 102 Ave A: We Live in the Past. Brand new store opening with vintage articles and collectibles. Meet Rodney Madison on Ave A!
- THIRD STREET STUDIOS, 36 Third Street: Open art studios
of Max Armen and friends
- JACK NELSON'S STUDIO, 4th + J Streets, open studio and group show
- KARMA SALON, 131 Ave A: I Live in Front of the Mirror - Display of postcards created by their customers with a hairstyle theme.
- BLACK COW BURGER, 125 Avenue A: Special Powertown Burger with fries and beer.
- NINA'S NOOK, 125 Avenue A: 013.76% off sale and 3 for $5 on all Turners Falls cards!
- GARY'S COINS AND ANTIQUES, 115 Avenue A: Featuring old currency from Crocker Savings Bank and Old Franklin County.
- BURRITO ROJO, 50 Third Street: Special Down Home Roots Burrito!
- RENDEZVOUS, 78 Third Street: Local burger special with fries and beer. Art exhibit by Casey WIlliams
Turners Falls, MA 01376