Call to Producers: Blossom Project
Mar 14, 2013
Call to Producers! Blossom Project
Deadline to submit: April 10, 2013
Award - $1750
Proposals being accepted for an event/exhibit/performance to take place in downtown Turners Falls on Thursday, May 16, 2013 during the downtown Thursday night out to cap off the 2 week long Crabapple Blossom Festival.
Do you have an interesting project you would like to get exposure, funding and collaborators for? Consider tying it in to our downtown event with the theme of Blossom. As an example, our April night out theme is “Where I Live” and will feature and exhibit of 4x6” cards created by residents, visitors and anyone interested in that theme. Area businesses will be open late and tie in to the theme.
Proposed project should:
- Happen between 6-9pm on May 16 and be viewed/experienced on an ongoing drop in basis for those 3 hours as the main feature of a town-wide event.
- Take place in downtown Turners Falls
- Invite participation from a broad segment of the community
- Be free of charge to the public
- Fit in to the theme of Blossom (However tangential. Have fun with the tie-ins!)
- Preferred: -use of a downtown feature or location in a new/reimagined/creative way
- Be doable within a $1,750 budget (As a RiverCulture sponsored event, we will take care of promotional materials for the project).
Submissions will be accepted by email only. For images, please send only web ready images. No files over 1 MB please!
What your proposal should look like:
Name of Proposal:
Location for project:
Description of the project and how it ties in to the Blossom theme (use 1-2 pages max and media as necessary)
Rough outline of how the money will be spent, including your artist fee.
Samples of your earlier work of this nature (if you have any, all media ok)
Resume (if you want to)
AWARD AMOUNT: $1750
Deadline: April 10, 2013
Notification of Award: April 17th
awards will be announced directly to the recipient and at the turnersfallsriverculture website
Questions? Email Lisa at email@example.com