What is Turners Falls RiverCulture?
RiverCulture is a partnership of leaders from the Arts and business communities, committed to enhancing and promoting cultural programming in Turners Falls. RiverCulture is the proud recipient of the 2011-12 Massachusetts Commonwealth Award for Creative Community. Given every two years by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, the Commonwealth Awards shine a spotlight on the extraordinary contributions that arts and culture make to education, economic vitality, and quality of life in communities across the state.
Our mission is to:
- Foster art and culture in Turners Falls
- Enhances the quality of life of the community
- Work with a diverse group of community, political, educational, and business leaders to support the creative economy
- Establish art and culture as a highly visible element of the region’s identity
- Establish an environment that attracts businesses, residents and visitors to Turners Falls
- Develop live-work, retail and studio space throughout the town
The project accomplishes this by:
- Hosting and promoting cultural events
- Spearheading cooperative marketing efforts
- Branding and presenting our area’s best cultural resources to the public
- Maintaining a website as a central resource for event information
- Serving as a forum for the RiverCulture partners to convene around shared topics
- Serving as a platform to address local social issues through cultural means
- Producing printed materials promoting the resources of Turners Falls
- Participating in the town’s economic development initiatives
- Analyzing the various impacts of cultural events on our community
The impact of RiverCulture
- Cultural events now draw thousands of people yearly to Tuners Falls.
A majority of those visitors come from outside of Montague.
- In 2007, a total regional economic impact of $785,399 was generated.
- Visitors now have a positive or more positive perception of Turners Falls since attending a RiverCulture event.
How are we funded?
Turners Falls RiverCulture is funded by local businesses, the Town of Montague, and a grant from the Adams Art Program of the Massachusetts Cultural Council.
How can you support us?
- Become a sponsor with a cash contribution
- Support us with an in kind contribution
- Volunteer for events and committees.
For more information please call, 413-835-1390 or email email@example.com.