RiverCulture is a partnership of leaders from the Arts and business communities, committed to enhancing and promoting cultural programming in Montague. RiverCulture is the proud recipient of the 2011-12 Massachusetts Commonwealth Award for Creative Community. Given every two years by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, the Commonwealth Awards shine a spotlight on the extraordinary contributions that arts and culture make to education, economic vitality, and quality of life in communities across the state.
Our mission is to:
- Foster art and culture in Montague;
- Enhances the quality of life in our community;
- Work with a diverse group of community, political, educational, and business leaders to support the creative economy;
- Establish art and culture as a highly visible element of our identity;
- Establish an environment that attracts new businesses, residents and visitors to Montague;
- Develop live-work, retail and studio space throughout Montague.
RiverCulture accomplishes this by:
- Hosting and promoting cultural events;
- Spearheading cooperative marketing efforts;
- Branding and presenting our area’s best cultural resources to the public;
- Maintaining a website as a central resource for event information;
- Serving as a forum for partners to convene around shared topics;
- Providing coordination of the Turners Falls Cultural District;
- Producing printed materials promoting the resources of Montague;
- Participating in the town’s economic development initiatives;
- Analyzing the various impacts of cultural events on our community.
How are we funded?
RiverCulture is funded by The Town of Montague, local businesses, grants, and in-kind donations.
Suzanne LoManto, Director of RiverCulture
Montague Town Hall
1 Avenue A
Turners Falls, MA 01376
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.